What do you do when you work out and can’t lose weight? I follow this principle: to lose weight, add weight. If you are doing cardio three times a week, things probably won’t change very quickly and you will hit a plateau and become frustrated. If your diet doesn’t change, things probably won’t change. However, if you add weight resistance, things will definitely change. You'll feel it soon.
To be physically fit doesn’t just mean a lower number on the scale or fitting in my pants. ALTHOUGH IT REALLY DOES MEAN FITTING IN MY DAMN PANTS. Being physically fit means being in sync with mind and heart. Right now my flabby, squishy body is representative of the chaos that is my life mentally, emotionally, professionally, romantically, and spiritually/artistically.
My goals for the coming week:
- Flexibility. I can’t even touch my toes.
- Strength in my core. Right now I can’t even do a single sit-up.
- Tone. I will do 30-40 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week. I'm almost there.
- Endure. I will do Zumba for more than 15 mins. Without wanting to punch people.
- Brave. Return to Kickboxing. I used to do martial arts now I can’t even go to an aerobics.
- Slim. Drop 20lbs of Prime Pish Posh Chub. I’m going to forgive myself for this week because I’m in New Orleans with friends and I need to eat and drink and be merry.
- Intensify. When I return, I am going to start a 21 day intensity burn. You can join me, if you like: it begins this Monday, March 19. I’ll post plyometric techniques.
I'm already reaching that point where I kind of (emphasize kind of) look forward to working out, feeling that burn, feeling my muscles ache, feeling some sort of tightness and strength and change.
For this week try to like yourself a little more. I'm saddened by how self-critical some of my nearest and dearest are. Did you ever notice that the nicest people aren't nice enough to themselves, and people who are jerks are often a little too nice to themselves?
Treat yourself the way you would treat a dear friend. Be supportive. Be your cheerleader, not your critic, not your judge. Have confidence. Don’t care what people say or think. Stand up for yourself!
Thrown any staplers lately? Knuckle thumped any co-workers lately? When you go to work is it just a job or are you happy to be there? Are you developing like you want to? How are your relationships with coworkers? Distant? A little too close for comfort?
Next Week – How to deal with office drama, bullying, people who talk shit, career development, and more. Link up and tell me how you've all been doing!! I have lots of great tips, ideas, and stories to share planned for when I get back. I'll talk to you in a few days!! :)
Last Week - You might have missed:
- Avocado Recipes, Guacamole, and More!
- Ninja-Sasquatch Assassin Club - a list of people who need to be fish-slapped
- Why I Hated Girl Scouts
- Communication and Relationships
- Last Week's Get Fit Challenge
- The Original Spring Cleaning Get Fit! Challenge Post
- Pinterest Link to my Fitness Board
- Diet Plans
- A great workout to try
- 50 Muffin-Top Exercises
*Anything* you want to share, we want to hear. Maybe you successfully didn't go postal this week. Maybe you want to work on forgiving yourself. You have between Thursday and Sunday to post a link to your blog. You can write your post at any time, and if you can't post this week, try again next week! Read links from other writers and get inspired! Link back to me with my button. Good luck!!